FOR US IT'S THE ROUTE TO FOLLOW
For us it's the route to follow.
BRAVOURE stands for high-quality, functional, and timeless cycling clothing that is made to last longer than a single season. This is the basic definition of slow fashion. For us, however, it means more. We would like to add a few aspects to the previous definition. Aspects that make the whole complete in our opinion. These are sustainability, ethical and permanent.
To be as transparent as possible, we have detailed our motives and choices point by point below. These will undoubtedly be adjusted in the future. After all, we are far from where we want to be. There are several things that we could do be better than they are now and there are also things that we have not yet been able to realise. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. However, it cannot be perfect all at once, so we keep improving ourselves step by step.
- Clothing that - where possible - is made from recycled materials. These materials should consist of as much recycled materials as possible.
- Almost all materials come from Italian suppliers. We select on the combination of quality and the sustainability of their production.
- The production facilities that make our clothing are also located in Italy. For us it represents the country of high-quality cycling clothing. This allows us to deliver the highest possible quality, so that you can enjoy our clothing for longer.
- Another advantage of production in Italy is that we avoid unnecessary pollution from long-distance transport. This compared to production in, for example, China. The country where most major brands have their clothing made.
- If something breaks, you don't have to throw it away immediately. Most of the time it can be repaired. We work together with a local partner for our repair service. This ensures that any repairs are made quickly and professionally.
- Delivery in the Netherlands is provided by our local partner Groenbezorgen.nl. These bicycle couriers ensure that, where possible, your package is delivered by bicycle. Where this is not possible, it will be delivered with PostNL. International customers receive their parcel with DPD. Read more about this under Packaging & Shipping.
- In addition to the clothing and delivery, we also believe that the promotional and packaging materials should be sustainable. That is why we don’t want to use new raw materials and plastics for this. We therefore do the following:
- There are no hangtags attached to our clothing. On this website you can find everything about the materials that are used. Through our website we also provide transparency in our way of working and the choices we make.
- For the packaging of the clothing to you as a consumer, we only use plastic-free recycled and recyclable packaging materials.
- The reusable RePack shipping bag is used for the shipment itself. It is made from 1 type of recycled plastic, is recyclable and saves 80% CO2 compared to a normal cardboard box after 20 uses.
- We only use a recycled plastic bag to protect the clothing from getting dirty inside the boxes during transport from Italy to the Netherlands. This is one of the first things we are going to change. The idea is to start using reusable fabric bags - in the same size as the cardboard box - that will hold the clothing in bulk. As a result, we would no longer use any disposable plastic packaging.
- Production takes place in Italy, which stimulates European employment.
- The people involved in the production are dealt with fairly and correctly.
- There is a DURC agreement with all parties involved. This means that employees are paid a fair wage and that the company pays social security contributions and insurance premiums. This ensures that employees are assured of an income in the event of illness and/or an accident. Moreover, it shows that companies are complying with the legislation.
- The Bleusign and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certificates are an important indicator for good working conditions and the control of harmful substances in the fabrics.
- Because the design of our collections is basic - plain colours, minimal logos and no eye-catching prints - they are not subject to the latest fashion trends. This allows them to be worn for several seasons.
- We are a small brand, do not have mass production but small editions at a time and work with a permanent collections. As a result, we don’t have to put things on sale or - worse - throw them away at the end of the season.
- Another advantage of permanent collections id that the fit is the fit. This is tailored to the intended purpose, type of rider and the materials used. We only adjust a fit if it is absolutely necessary or if there are signals from customers.
- We offer our own repair service. In the unlikely event that something breaks, you can have it repaired by us free of charge. Don’t just throw the garment away immediately, contact us first.
- If your BRAVOURE garment has reached the end of its useful life, it can be returned to us upon receipt of a voucher. The article will be - depending on the condition and the possibilities at that time - up- or recycled. In this way the raw material is preserved for a second life.